How do you get a judge to release you from bucks county men's center onto house arrest?

Asked about 1 year ago - Morrisville, PA

My boyfriend was supposed to get house arrest and his sister was supposed to be off probation and she had a week left so they took him to bucks county correctional facility and now she has been off for a week and he is still there. I need a judge to sign something to get him out and onto house arrest but how do I get the judge to do that? no one is returning our phone calls and I don't know if there's something I need to do specifically to make this happen.

1. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . The simplest answer to your question is that he needs the assistance of a local attorney experienced in handling criminal matters. The court and its staff will not respond to telephone calls from relatives or other interested parties in this sort of matter. Your posting seems to suggest some sort of connection between the circumstances of your boyfriend and your sister. That connection in terms of the handling of their respective matters does not compute in my book. In any event you need to help him secure qualified counsel. There are several such attorneys who practice in your area who participate here. Most will consult with you at no charge. Take advantage of that opportunity to speak privately with one or more suitable lawyers and save yourself the time and frustration of attempting to accomplish this on your own.

2. Andrea E. Mertz

Pro

4

Answered . There are many facts that an attorney needs prior to making any suggestions. Was your boyfriend sentenced, was he granted house arrest as part of a bail condition, etc. There is nothing you can do. He needs to speak with his attorney to discover what needs to be completed prior to his release.

3. Robert C. Keller

4

Answered . The best thing you can do is hire an experienced criminal defense attorney for your boyfriend.

4. Theodor Kaplun

4

Answered . More facts are required for a complete answer, consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney to determine your best course of action.