How do you get a judge to release you from bucks county men's center onto house arrest?

Morrisville, PA |

My boyfriend was supposed to get house arrest and his sister was supposed to be off probation and she had a week left so they took him to bucks county correctional facility and now she has been off for a week and he is still there. I need a judge to sign something to get him out and onto house arrest but how do I get the judge to do that? no one is returning our phone calls and I don't know if there's something I need to do specifically to make this happen.

The simplest answer to your question is that he needs the assistance of a local attorney experienced in handling criminal matters. The court and its staff will not respond to telephone calls from relatives or other interested parties in this sort of matter. Your posting seems to suggest some sort of connection between the circumstances of your boyfriend and your sister. That connection in terms of the handling of their respective matters does not compute in my book. In any event you need to help him secure qualified counsel. There are several such attorneys who practice in your area who participate here. Most will consult with you at no charge. Take advantage of that opportunity to speak privately with one or more suitable lawyers and save yourself the time and frustration of attempting to accomplish this on your own.

his sister was on probation and used the same address so they postponed his sentencing until she was done so he could have house arrest. he went thru the interview process and completed all required classes since this was his second dui. his sister said she was done probation and so he told his lawyer and they scheduled his sentencing but he found out she had one more week left on her probation so they took him to jail because as you know you can't have house arrest if someone at the same address is on probation or parole etc. so now he is in there and no one is telling him he needs to contact his Public Defender, they as telling him they need a judge to sign something to release him. so it went from them saying he would be in jail for a couple hours to him being stuck in there for two weeks, and his sisters probation has been over for a week. we left a message with his public defender but never heard back. we left a message with his sister PO and never heard back. it's very frustrating.

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

Now I understand the relationship between their cases, and I have the following observations. First, it would seem worthwhile to consider an alternate location for the house arrest in case some other matter arises/persists making that an unacceptable residence. Second, if his public defender is not being responsive, try contacting his boss, the head of the Bucks County Public Defenders Office. If these things do not produce the desired result, or in combination with those efforts, start contacting local criminal defense attorneys to see what they suggest and what fee would be charged. Legal fees commonly vary considerably in most legal communities, and since their fees are not advertised the way the price of a gallon of gasoline is, you have to talk with as many as needed to find one who is both qualified and quotes a reasonable fee. It would not appear to me to me a major effort on the part of an attorney to get this straightened out. As I've already stated, most of us here will talk with you about his situation, make suggestions as to how the problem might be resolved, and how much they would charge. The actual solution will not appear here or elsewhere at any similar website unless it leads to identifying an appropriate lawyer willing to take the matter on. Good luck.

Thank you so much this was extremely helpful!

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

You are most welcome. If it helped as you have stated, it was worth every minute of my time. Hope this turns out as well as possible.

There are many facts that an attorney needs prior to making any suggestions. Was your boyfriend sentenced, was he granted house arrest as part of a bail condition, etc. There is nothing you can do. He needs to speak with his attorney to discover what needs to be completed prior to his release.

The best thing you can do is hire an experienced criminal defense attorney for your boyfriend.

More facts are required for a complete answer, consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney to determine your best course of action.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kaplun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.