How do you get a Green card or Visa?

Norristown, PA |

my husband came over here from brazil and wants to work in the United States

The first question is whether he is here legally or not. If he is here legally you can get him a green card by filing the necessary paperwork. If he is not here legally he will most likely have to leave the US and apply for a VISA at the US Embassy in Brazil.

I agree with my colleague. Assuming he entered the USA with inspection, you can sponsor him. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney or make an info pass at your USCIS sub office to receive insructions. WWW.USCIS.gov

Your question doesn't give enough information.

Talk to an attorney for a safe and confidential consultation.

Franco Capriotti
1-503-803-0055
Capriotti International Law
www.capriotti.com
franco@capriotti.com
SKYPE 3-WAY VIDEO AVAILABLE

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Are you a US citizen. How did your husband enter the US? Was he married to you when he applied for his US visa? Did he make any untrue statements when he applied for the visa or when he entered the US? There are many things that you and your husband should discuss with an immigration lawyer to determine if he may be able to apply for a green card.

yes, i am a US citizen. He never applied for a visa yet, what are the first steps in doing this process. do i have to actually talk to sombody. He does not want to go back to Brazil for a green card/visa what other opitions do we have?

Ralf D. Wiedemann

Ralf D. Wiedemann

Did he sneak across the border? If he entered the US illegally, then I'm afraid that under current law there is no way for him to get a green card or visa without leaving the US. And even if he leaves the US, it may take years until he could return.