Skip to main content

How do you find out who has a workers comp lien against you, if you lost paperwork.

Santa Monica, CA |

If I have to pay worker's comp medical liens against settlement, how do I find out who has liens against me if I lost paperwork because I moved many times

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


i agree with Mr. Corson. I don't know if his 98% is correct but it's probably not far off.

If you want to know what liens have been filed in your case, you can go to the local office of the WCAB and ask them to pull your file. You can just look at the official address record to make sure they have your address correct and see who else is on the list. Good luck.


The Medical Liens are taken care of by the Carrier 98% of the time. You and your Attorney CAN obtain treatment at your own expense under a new VALDEZ finding, but that almost never happens. Treatment is designed to be cost-free to the injured worker for a work injury, so you probably have nothing to worry about.

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.


GET YOUR ADDRESS CURRENT with the WCAB office where you claim is filed.

A Lien Claimant is obligated to provide you with a copy of its lien AT YOU ADDRESS IN THE OFFICIAL ADDRESS RECORD.

So be certain the WCAB Office (Marina Del Rey???) has your current address on file, then when the lien claimant calls up the address record in your claim, it will mail you the lien at your address when the lien is filed at the WCAB.

As my colleagues have noted, YOU DON'T PAY THE LIENS. It's not a personal injury action. Injured workers don't pay medical liens (only liens for loans for support). Your doctors get paid directly by the insurance company (unless you switched your story after treatment and later claimed you weren't hurt at work...then the doctors can come after you personally).



Best answer chosen by asker

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer