How do you find out if you have a bench warrant in Pennsylvania without paying a website online?

Brooklyn, NY |

Years ago I was pulled over for speeding in Pennsylvania. I was issued a ticket, but failed to pay it and/or appear in court. I have attempted to search for myself on online databases, but nothing comes up for PA. I am leaving on the 17th for Europe, and want to me sure this is cleared up. Who can I contact to resolve this? I am unsure what city or county it was in, and most sites tell me to call the county clerk where it happened. Thanks in advance for your help.

Start off with re-posting this question in the Pennsylvania section here on Avvo as this is the New York section.

Contact a PA lawyer to see if they can search the PA database.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

so there are no free databases or ways to check for warrants on my own?

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

I am a NY attorney, repost in PA for a PA lawyer ti let you know. Btw in NY there are free court on line databases on criminal cases available for NY criminal cases.

ok thanks for your help :)

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

You are welcome.

Re-post this in the PA Avvo section. You need to find out if PA issues bench warrants on speeding tickets or just issues civil money judgments. Check with the court where the ticket was returnable.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.