How do you find out if the company you use to work for fired you because of a charged filed with the EEOC?

Houston, TX |

I was terminated six months later for acting out an assault on the job. I reported this person to the store personnel on several occasions and was neglected by all. The problem was never addressed as to why this person was hurting me so badly at work. One supervisor told me on the phone that it was just an arm and that I should get over it. I did know how to get over an attack that was so brutal and painful. How do you get over some body raping you at work ? That is what this feels like.

1. When did you file the EEOC charge? Before or after the assault? Also, what was the basis for the complaint?

Herbert Tan, Esq.
    E-mail: Herbert@tanlaws.com
    Website: www.tanlaws.com

The National Newark Building
    744 Broad Street, 16th Fl.
    Newark, New Jersey 07102
    (973) 735-2681 (W)
    (973) 735-2682 (F)

Manhattan Office
    305 Broadway, 14th Floor
    New York, New York 10007
    (888) TAN-LAWS

Member of National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)

2. Your question is not very clear. If you are saying that you reported an employee for assaulting you and also filed an EEOC charge and then got fired, then you may have a claim for retaliation and harassment. You need to conslult with an attorney and provide further details.

This is not intended to be legal advice, but is only for general information. Cantact an attorney in your area for legal advice.