Skip to main content

How do you file a written appeal to the georgia department of labor if they make a decision denying a waiver of overpmt of u/e?

Macon, GA |

I was terminated from a job. The DOL paid me unemployment benefits for months, my former employer appealed and after the hearing the dol ruled in my employer's favor and ordered me to pay back benefits. I do not have any current employment and the dol denied my request for waiver of overpayment. The letter states I can exercise my right to appeal. Is this something that has to be done in court or does this mean I have to send in a written letter to the department of labor?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


This online information link about the process at the Georgia Department of Labor is

Because this matter is so important you should really get a lawyer. An appeal can be tricky.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

No one can know what the record is in the case because online we cannot see your documents. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you. I am in Chicago. I do not practice in Macon.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer