How do you establish that a petitioner is domiciled in the usa? Is an intention to domicile adequate? HOW would we prove that?

Bend, OR |

Peitioner has not lived in the usa for 5 years because he had to move away to be with me.

Oregon ID/DL ... apartment lease, or property ownership ... firm employment ... are just a few ways to show the re-establishment of domicile.

Talk to an attorney in private to explore other types of evidence.

Consultations by Skype are available ... so you need not travel to 'meet' with an attorney.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

2. I agree with my colleague.

The Law Office of Elliot M.S. Yi, 2075 SW First Avenue, Ste 2J, Portland, Oregon, 97201 www.emsylaw.com; elliot@emsylaw.com; 503-227-0965. This answer is intended for general informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship. The statement above does not constitute legal advice, as all the facts are not known.

3. So you want to prove that the petitioner is domiciled in the U.S., when the petitioner is actually not domiciled in the U.S.? That is not something I would recommend because it sounds like you want to prove something that is not true. Be careful of what you present to USCIS in this regard; fraud can have future prejudicial repercussions for you and the petitioner. You and the petitioner should talk to a U.S. immigration lawyer to explore your options.