How do you determine if you are below 125% of the federal poverty guideline for child support calculations?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Spokane, WA

Do I include my spouses wages when determining for child support? For household size does it take into account all people living there?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Elizabeth Rankin Powell

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You do not include your current spouse's wages when determining child support. You do take into account the number of people in the household, especially other children. The DSHS / DCS website has a support calculator, and the Spokane County Bar can probably assist you with finding a clinic where you can talk to a lawyer about support issues if you need more help. Also, the County Law Library may well have Support Calc (which calculates the income threshholds) and allow you to use it to run different scenarios, determine what your support should be. Hope this helps. Elizabeth Powell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,111 answers this week

3,291 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,111 answers this week

3,291 attorneys answering