How do you contest a court order in a divorce case?

Joshua Tree, CA |

My husbands lawyer brought about a action for me to pay $700 toward her bringing about the action to fill out a list of interrogartories. Now its court ordered and I want to dispute it. I do not have legal representation and frustrated with the lawyer taking advantage of my lack of knowledge dealing with the divorce. The divorce case is taking place in Kentucky and I am currently living in Ca, which any legal aid here is no use.

1. You need to speak to an attorney, preferably one with family law expertise IN KENTUCKY, and get "ahead of the wave" here, which hasn't happened so far.

If Kentucky procedure on interrogatories is similar to California's, your husband's attorney first sent you the interrogatories, which you didn't answer.

She next sent you a warning letter, and you still didn't provide legally adeequate answers.

She then filed a motion with the court for an order to require that you respond to the interrogatories,
    and you did not file any written response with the court to that motion, or take steps for someone to appear in court for you to make any objection to the granting of the motion.

NOW the court has ordered you to answer the interrogatories, and ordered that you pay some attorney fees for all of the above rigamarole. It may very well be too late to "dispute" that order, and doing so may require hiring an attorney at a grater cost to you.

I suggest that you contact a Kentucky attorney, preferably one in the county where the divorce is being heard, IMMEDIATELY and get some help before things get even more complicated.

2. You need to speak to an attorney, preferably one with family law expertise IN KENTUCKY, and get "ahead of the wave" here, which hasn't happened so far.

3. Re-post your question and indicate Kentucky so that you can get KY lawyers to respond to your question.