How do we verify that a corporation was registered in 2005?

Orlando, FL |
Filed under: Incorporation

We have sued a Florida corporation, and we want to verify that it was duly registered in the state corporate register as a corporation in 2005. From what we have so far, it looks like the corporation was registered as early as 1979, but I'm not sure whether the registration had been kept current up to 2005. How often do Florida corporate registrations have to be renewed, and how do we make sure our defendant corporation's registration had been properly renewed and was valid in 2005?

1. These records are kept by the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations and are usually available online. If you are involved in a lawsuit, you should consult your attorney about these questions. If you do not have an attorney, it would be wise to hire one. Good luck.

My answer to your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. This information is easy to find on the Florida Department of State website.

3. You will want to use the link below. Once you locate the company you can also download the annual reports.

This communication is not intended to, and does not, create an attorney/client relationship. You are encouraged to consult with an attorney in your area to discuss your case in person. Roberto M. Vazquez, Esq. and the Morey Law Firm, P.A. practice law throughout the state of Florida. Please visit our website at www.moreylawfirm.com.

4. Generally, your lawsuit must name as Defendant the Registered Agent or Resident Agent of that Corporation in the state in which you sue. The same website will state the identity and contact information of that person or corporation.