How do we pay 24 hour on-call employees who is hourly?

Asked over 2 years ago - Compton, CA

How do we track or compensate for 24 hour on-call employee? HOurly employee...

Can we create agreement?

1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

1

Answered . You don't indicate the nature of the employment. You really need to consult with an employment attorney regarding this situation. I don't suggest that you create your own agreement.

2. Sean Anthony Brady

1

Answered . Mr. Chen is correct. You should really speak with an employment attorney about preparing an employee handbook and employment agreement that will better protect you from potential lawsuits brought by your employees. Coming from a family of self-emplyed small business owners, I understand the burden this may place on you. But, the burden of a potential lawsuit where an employee exploits your lack of clear employment terms or failure to comply with California employment law could potentially be much greater. You should meet with or contact a few attorneys and see what they propose to help you and their rates, and then hire the one you feel most comfortable with to advise you. My firm handles these matters, feel free to contact me for a consultation.

Michel & Associates, PC
    (562) 216-4444