How do we legally include all 5 acres of our family homestead for the family cemetery on the property?

Lead, SD |

Presently, the cemetery is fenced off and includes just a small corner of the 5 acre tract (less than an acre) It is in South Dakota and the cemetery is maintained by the family. We would like to have the entire tract made into the cemetery for legal reasons. The 5 acre tract is in my name only.

Find a local real estate attorney to help you. There may be special rules or issues for cemeteries. Best of luck.

Actively practicing law in Texas. Inactive licenses in Arizona and Georgia. All answers are general in nature and no attorney/client relationship exists in this forum. If you think my answer is helpful, please mark it as helpful. If you think my answer is the BEST ANSWER, I will gladly accept credit! Thanks for using AVVO, and may all your legal problems be small ones!!!

Recommended articles about Real estate