How do we get child support arrears adjusted for the time that the child moved out and was not supported by the custodial parent

Asked over 1 year ago - Corpus Christi, TX

(Texas) The AG's office here refuses to accept proof from the NCP or child(over 16yrs) that the child moved out of the CP's home and never returned there or was supported by the CP during the last four years before turning 18. The AG's office here states they don't care if this child lived at home and refused to even accept the proof or review this matter. The child was incarcerated for a point of time and then was with the NCP or other family members of the NCP's family. I have been arrested a minimum of once a year for these arrears. Now I am on SSDI and they are garnishing my disability taking half my income every month.They are taking more money out of my disability check than they took from my regular income when I was working.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. William Tyler Moore Jr


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . You need an order from the judge with jurisdiction of the child support matter. Get a lawyer involved.

    I am not intending this to be legal advice, because I don't know the particulars of your situation. Call me if you... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,463 answers this week

2,981 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,463 answers this week

2,981 attorneys answering