How do we domesticate a guardianship from NH for our granddaughter, 8, to Florida.

Asked over 1 year ago - Venice, FL

We have all the paperwork of the NH courts. We were told we have 120 to transfer it to Florida. Where do we go to get this accomplished?

my email is pinkpad1@aol.com

1. Hollyn June Foster

Pro

2

Answered . You need to hire an attorney in the county you are living in to open the guardianship here so that the matter can be transferred. A guardianship case is necessary here for the purposes of filing required annual documentation. Florida does require that an attorney represent the guardian.

2. Brittany Green Gloersen

2

Answered . You need to hire a guardianship attorney in Venice. He or she can help you transfer the guardianship to the county where the Ward resides. Court oversight is necessary for a gaurdianship.

3. Richard Kenneth Britton

Answered . I grew up in Venice. I suggest contacting my father, Andrew Britton, an attorney in Venice at 408-8008 to open a guardianship in Sarasota and transfer the NH guardianship.

An attorney/client relationship is not deemed to exist as a result of answering a question.
  4. Stephanie Sauer Woods

Pro

Answered . You need to contact an attorney who practices guardianship law in the county where your granddaughter will be residing. A guardianship will have to be established down here and then there is a process for transferring the NH guardianship over to the FL guardianship.