Skip to main content

How do we collect back rent from dec 3, 2010 for each week after that till present week sept 21, 2012 in he amount of $100.00 wk

Pittsburgh, PA |

There was an oral agreement between the gentleman myself and my husband for a room rental of a $100.00 a week on March 07, 2010 till he got a steady job and got back on his feet. as of today he has paid us $3,800.00 and still needs to pay us $9,500.00. I have documentation on my computer as to when he paid and how much he paid. We need help!!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can bring a landlord-tenant complaint with the Magisterial District Judge. Although you have an oral lease, you have records of payment, which should be sufficient to prove your case. I would be willing to handle this for you if you wish.

Clifford L Tuttle, Jr.
Attorney at Law

The foregoing answer does not constitute legal advice and does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Answers are based upon the facts stated and may change if there are additional facts not contained in the question.


It's difficult to prove an oral contract. However, keeping records is a good thing. You need to file suit in county court and should consider getting an attorney to assist you.

Jack Puskar
Pittsburgh Attorney

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer