Skip to main content

How do u file a complaint against a sherriff

Grand Junction, CO |
Filed under: Police misconduct

i can prove a sheriff lied on her report

Attorney Answers 1

  1. You can file an administrative complaint with the actual Sheriff of Mesa County against one of the deputies. However, that is about it. If you tried to report it as false reporting to the DA, they would likely not do anything about it as far as charging the deputy. This is more of an internal, administrative manner.

    The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

Police misconduct topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics