How do or can you quit claim deed versus deed in lieu back to the lender for a home included in bankruptcy in 2009?

Asked over 1 year ago - Ellenwood, GA

I have moved out of the home and want to get the deed out of my name but I do not want them to foreclose. What can I do?

1. David Jason Merbaum

1

Answered . The bank will not take a quitclaim deed, which is basically you giving them the property or whatever your interest in the property is. You want a deed a lieu which is that you give them the property and they forego a foreclosure.

2. Kevin M. Veler

Answered . Unfortunately you cannot force the bank not to foreclose (unless there is some language in your 2009 bankruptcy proceeding that sets forth a process for you to walk away). You can offer a deed in lieu of foreclosure but they do not have to accept it and they may require some additional disclosures. You may want to discuss the matter with your bankruptcy counsel to determine whether there is any adverse impact on your bankruptcy proceeding or what your options are.

3. Alan D. Walton

Pro

Answered . Contact the lender and offer a deed in lieu of foreclosure.