How do judges look at absent patents of a infant?

Asked 12 months ago - Birmingham, AL

My child father knows was there at the hospital & knows he is the father but decided he was going to vanish for almost 5 months right after her birth wihout support or asking how she is. He is not on her birth certificate. Now hes asking for a picture out of the blue, legally I dont have to do anything but if he goes to court in the future proves dna will his absence be held agaist him? I dont see how its fair to have the child see a 'father'when its convenient for him.

1. Sean Patrick Lewis

Answered . Are you saying that you don't want him to be a parent? Or are you saying you want him in the picture and also want him to provide support? The latter is easier to accomplish than the former.