How Do I Write Hardship Letter To Immigration For A Friend?

Asked over 3 years ago - Chico, CA

One of my good friends recently got married; he is a US citizen and she is a Mexican citizen who is in the US illegally. Their I-130 application was accepted and their Immigration lawyer asked them to have friends and family write letters on their behalf stating that they are truly a married couple. I really want to help them but I do not know where to start. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

9

Best Answer

Answered . Do the following:

1. Tell USCIS who you are. Are you a U.S. citizen? Where were you born?
    2. Explain how you first met both the groom and the bride, and when.
    3. Give them details. Were you at their wedding? Have you visited them at their place of residence? Can you vouch that their marriage is bona fide, that it, for love, not just for a green card for the bride?

2. Andre R. Olivie

Answered . Its hard to tell you where to start but I am sure if you contact your friends attorney they can provide you with some advice on what would work best.

For example, you can probably start by explaining how you know the couple, what your relationship is to one or both of them, what you've done with them, how long you've known them, what kind of couple you see them to be and whether or not you think the husband would suffer hardship if he had to be seperated from his wife and why you believe this.

You can start with something like: To Whom It May Concern, My name is..... I am a U.S. Citizen... I have known ..... for three years. I believe that they are a loving couple ... etc.

If you really want to help, I would advise you to contact your friend's lawyer.

Andre Olivie, Esq.
    www.olivielaw.com
    (206) 724-1940