How do I write a private indemnity form?

Atlanta, GA |
Filed under: Employment

I'm an au pair that is currently looking after four children. Part of my job requires me to drive the children to various activities and events. I would like to draw-up a private indemnity for between me and my employer in the event of an accident. How do I go about creating a private and professional indemnity form?

1. This is one where you should definitely see an attorney to make sure your concerns are addressed and that the form if valid and binding in the event of an incident. You may also inquire into insurance if there is a product there that can provide you with protection as well, or see if you could get coverage through your employers insurance.

This is not intended to create an attorney client relationship and none is to be implied either. You must contact an attorney and present all facts before you can and should act on this response

2. In many states, you are automatically indemnified if you are an employee Get a free consult with a GA attorney or contact the agency that sponsors you.

The important thing is that you are covered under the family's insurance policies.

Please don't do it yourself.

David A. Mallen offers answers on Avvo for general information only. This offer of free, general answers is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. If you need specific advice regarding your legal question, you should consult an attorney confidentially. Many experienced California labor and employment attorneys, including David A. Mallen offer no-risk legal consultations to employers and employees at no charge. David A. Mallen is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, as well as the California Labor Commissioner and the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. Failure to take legal action within the time periods prescribed by law could result in the loss of important legal rights and remedies.