How do I withdraw divorce petition in Illinois cook county

Chicago, IL |

My attorney(free) has not listen to me from the beginning. I told her to drop the OP and she entered an agreed mutual no contact order that I did not agree to because she told me I didn't have to come to court since I was dropping the order. I could have went to jail because I wasn't given this order, I thought I was able to contact him. I am 8mo pregnant and would like my husband at the birth of his child. My attorney is creating even more friction between us because she has not asked for anything that I told her to ask for like temp spousal support,utilities, and immediate child support. I now just want to withdraw the divorce and relieve my free attorney of her duty. We have not gone to trial yet, the attorneys are working it out. How do I get these things done, and how long will it be

how long is this process of firing and withdrawing petition

Fire your attorney now. That will cause her to file a Motion to Withdraw. At the hearing on the Motion to Withdraw you advise the court you wish to non-suit your Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. If there is no Counter Petition then the case is dismissed.

Fire your attorney and tell the judge you want to withdraw your petition for dissolution. If there is no counter-petition for dissolution on file, then the case will be dismissed. I note, however, that your attorney did drop the OP just like you requested. She was looking out for your best interests by securing a mutual restraining order. It seems like nothing will make you happy.

wow it's not that, I explained to her I just wanted him to be there for the birth and with the order he can't. I also told her if something changed or came up then call me and she didn't. Maybe I am hard to satisfy, but I felt slighted when I expressed to her I want this to go as smooth for my child sake. Now my husband is really angry and resentful towards me

The simplest way is for you to direct your lawyer to non-suit the case.

Recommended articles about Divorce