How do I withdraw an appeal through the court of appeals division 1?

Asked 6 months ago - Mesa, AZ

I appealed a ruling on my child support calculation and arrears through the court of appeals division 1 and its an open case now.. However my ex and her attorney and I worked out a settlement and the Superior Court Judge ruled on it being settled. how do I withdraw my appeal from he Court of Appeals? is there a form? or an A.R.S that I can refer to?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Brent D Harris

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . File a voluntary dismissal of appeal letting the court know that you no longer want to prosecute the appeal that you filed.

    Anyone viewing this web site should not act on any information contained on this site without seeking professional... more
  2. Jonathan R. Miller

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . You could write your own letter, but maybe ask your ex to have her attorney file the notice of dismissal.

  3. Paul Andrew Griffin

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . Most courts will accept a basic Motion which simply states "for the following reasons, I am withdrawing my appeal." There is no standard form. However, be aware that if your ex filed a cross appeal, you dismissing your appeal does not necessarily mean your ex's appeal will get dismissed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,330 answers this week

2,978 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,330 answers this week

2,978 attorneys answering