How do I withdraw an appeal through the court of appeals division 1?

Mesa, AZ |

I appealed a ruling on my child support calculation and arrears through the court of appeals division 1 and its an open case now.. However my ex and her attorney and I worked out a settlement and the Superior Court Judge ruled on it being settled. how do I withdraw my appeal from he Court of Appeals? is there a form? or an A.R.S that I can refer to?

File a voluntary dismissal of appeal letting the court know that you no longer want to prosecute the appeal that you filed.

Anyone viewing this web site should not act on any information contained on this site without seeking professional counsel from an attorney. Use of this web site and/or transmission of information to the firm is not intended to create, and should not be construed as creating, an attorney-client relationship with the firm or any of its attorneys. If you choose to communicate with the firm or any of its attorneys or other personnel through this web site, do not transmit any confidential or sensitive information by e-mail until you have spoken to an attorney from our firm either by telephone or in person. This web site may be considered advertising under applicable laws and ethical rules. The Law Offices of Brent D. Harris, PLLC do not seek to represent anyone in any state where lawyers in the firm are not admitted to practice, or in any state where this web site fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state.

Brent D Harris

Brent D Harris

Sorry - was trying to attach a link to the D1 court of appeals but am having trouble with their server. They have a self-help/FAQs section that I believe answers your question.

You could write your own letter, but maybe ask your ex to have her attorney file the notice of dismissal.

Most courts will accept a basic Motion which simply states "for the following reasons, I am withdrawing my appeal." There is no standard form. However, be aware that if your ex filed a cross appeal, you dismissing your appeal does not necessarily mean your ex's appeal will get dismissed.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody