How do I withdraw an appeal through the court of appeals division 1?

Asked 6 months ago - Mesa, AZ

I appealed a ruling on my child support calculation and arrears through the court of appeals division 1 and its an open case now.. However my ex and her attorney and I worked out a settlement and the Superior Court Judge ruled on it being settled. how do I withdraw my appeal from he Court of Appeals? is there a form? or an A.R.S that I can refer to?

1. Brent D Harris

1

Answered . File a voluntary dismissal of appeal letting the court know that you no longer want to prosecute the appeal that you filed.

2. Jonathan R. Miller

Answered . You could write your own letter, but maybe ask your ex to have her attorney file the notice of dismissal.

3. Paul Andrew Griffin

Answered . Most courts will accept a basic Motion which simply states "for the following reasons, I am withdrawing my appeal." There is no standard form. However, be aware that if your ex filed a cross appeal, you dismissing your appeal does not necessarily mean your ex's appeal will get dismissed.