How do I withdraw a Motion to Show Cause for Contempt?

Asked over 1 year ago - Charlotte, NC

I was unaware that I cannot appeal my ED case if I accept a benefit from the Court Order for which I intend to appeal. Meanwhile, I filed a Motion to Show Cause for Contempt for not paying the distributive award from my ED case. The Hearing is in two weeks and I have no idea what to do. The reason for filing the Motion to Show Cause is because I cannot afford an attorney without the distributive award. How do I get out of the Motion to Show Cause and to figure another way without losing my right to appeal the same issue?

1. Amanda Bowden Houser

Pro

Answered . This is what happens when you do your own legal work and don't know what you are doing. So the short answer is hire an attorney ASAP and keep your fingers crossed that you didn't screw yourself beyond repair.