Skip to main content

How do I waive arraignment in Harris County, TX?

Houston, TX |

Out of state defendant who cannot be present at arraignment.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Get an attorney.



I am an attorney. I'm representing a friend for the arraignment since it's so soon. My question is really as to practice in the local criminal court. Would I be filing a motion to waive D's presence, or is there a local form for Harris County that I'm missing? (Because I have been unable to find a form.)


Either you or an attorney will have to be present or a warrant will almost certainly be issued for your arrest. Use avvo to find a few locally experienced DUI attorneys and give them a call. Most if not all will offer a free consultation. Hire the one that appears to be the best fit. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen


Easy answer. You need to contact a local criminal defense attorney experienced with DUI. Try the FIND A LAWYER tab on this website. Many will speak to you initially for free. Good Luck!

BEST ANSWER I got.... and I HOPE I WAS HELPFUL!! Steve Hamer answers questions on Avvo for general information and not as legal advice. Those answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. If you would like my help, contact Mr. Hamer at (214) 843-1529 for a FREE CONSULTATION.


You must have an attorney who will try to arrange this for you. You will be required to attend court at some point, if not often, and usually each defendant is allowed only one reset off docket.
Good Luck!
Priscilla Bush

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer