How do I use the California small estate affidavit to get a Nevada vehicle title transferred from my deceased mother to me?

Asked about 1 year ago - Desert Hot Springs, CA

My deceased mother's estate qualifies for the small estate affidavit procedure in California. However the vehicle is titled in Nevada. The Nevada DMV will not accept the affidavit for a transfer of title to me without a California Probate Court order.

1. Christine James

Pro

4

Answered . Ask the Nevada DMV what their small estate procedure is (they likely have a form) and use their process instead of CA's process. You should not need to go to probate court if that is the only asset in the estate.

2. Gregory Paul Benton

1

Answered . After the court approves the affidavit petition, have the court sign an order approving the transfer of all assets under the affidavit petition.

3. Justin Eric Elder

Pro

Answered . You also might try re-posting this with a Nevada location.

A small ancillary probate may be necessary, but try re-posting and calling the Nevada DMV.