How do I update USCIS if I've moved during a pending family-based adjustment of status?

Asked about 2 years ago - Sherman Oaks, CA

My wife is in the states legally on an OPT extension to her student visa. I am a U.S. citizen and late last year we filed an adjustment of status packet for my wife. We just moved within the state. I understand that I have to file an "I-865 change of address for a sponsor," and that my wife has to submit an AR-11 for her OPT and that we both have to update our address online for the pending case. My questions are:

Does she also have to submit a separate AR-11 for the pending I-485?
Do I (as a US Citizen) have to submit an AR-11 for the pending I-130?
Is there any other action we need to take to update USCIS of our change of address?

Thanks.

1. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

3

1

Answered . Write a separate letter for each application pending with the USCIS. Also file AR-11 towards alien change of address.

2. Lynne Rogers Feldman

3

Answered . Look at the AR-11 carefully for your wife and you will see at the end is a step 2 etc. to report change of address for all pending cases. Be sure to do this as well.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Answered . File an AR 11 and letter informing change of address for each application

5. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

1

Answered . File an AR 11. If you send a letter for each pending application you must include the application receipt number.