How do i type up a writ of discovery to obtain a dash cam footage. The Police departmetn said i could do it myself but correctly

Barnesville, GA |

I was arrested for reckless driving which the deputy request the BPD to pull over any white chevy z71. So i was pulled over in which many important things were said to help my case. However, the sheriff's department arrested me. So the BPD said i need a writ of discovery which i could do myself but set up the letter

I already have filled out a paper requesting a copy of the sheriff deputy's dash cam without any problem but because the BPD was not the arresting agency they said I need a writ of discovery. So basically how do i set up the letter and what info do i need to include. Thanks so very much

1. What you are asking for is what a paid lawyer would do for you. I don't think what you are asking for is the correct terminology, there is no writ of discovery. I would strongly encourage you to hire a lawyer.

2. Georgia law does not have a document called a writ of discovery. You can obtain the dash cam video in the course of your case, but it depends on where you are in the process as to what method you use. It is not something that can be done on a general information website. You should follow Mr. Boyles' advice and hire a local lawyer to assist you.