How do I transfer my occupational license to another state? and do I have to?

Dallas, TX |

I have an occupational drivers license that only allows me to drive within the state of Texas due to a (DWLI)charge. (Not related to a dui or dwi, or anything alcohol related). I just excepted a job offer in Nebraska, because my current company is going out of business. My suspension period is not up until 7/25/12. However I need to be able to drive myself to Nebraska, and once I get there I'll need to be able to get to and from work. What are my options?

You are out of luck. A hardship permit is not transferable, and another state cannot give you a license without turning in a valid license from another state.

Answers presented on this website are intended only for informational purposes and any use of the contained material is at the users own risk. Answers are intended exclusively as a public resource for general information, and this information is intended, but is not promised or guaranteed to be, correct, up-to-date, or complete. This material is not intended to constitute legal advice, as an agreement to create an attorney-client relationship with the law offices of Mitchell S. Sexner & Associates LLC, or the provision of legal services, and receipt of this information does not constitute such an agreement. If legal or other specific expert advice is required, then the services of a competent professional should be sought.O

Thank you Mr. Sexner. I was hoping there was some way I might be able to drive. This all stems from the very last payment of a 3yr surcharge back in 2004, that I forgot about. It's frustrating because there's nothing I can to.

fuckin bullshit is what it is

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets