How do I transfer courts from CA to TX?

Asked 10 months ago - Houston, TX

Hello, I have just recently moved from CA to TX. I am currently on summary probation for a DUI back in 2011 in CA. At this point I am trying to get my probation dropped and my record expunged, how would i go about this from another state? I know it is required to appear in court and I don't know what my next step would be. Thanks

1. John Joseph Eastland

Pro

5

Answered . Your actual case cannot be transferred out of California. Only the probation supervision can. There is nothing a Texas lawyer can do unless he or she also has a California law license. If you want to take any action on your case you will need to contact your former lawyer or another of your choice. Good Luck

2. Gene Raymond Beaty

3

Answered . You can't really do anything from Texas. It is a California matter. You can employ a Texas attorney to advise you and deal with a California attorney for you. So the next step is to decide on a Texas or California attorney to be the person that you work with directly.

3. Gary Churak

Pro

3

Answered . All proceedings concerning your probation and expunction must be done in the California court where the case originated. Your probation can be transferred to Texas but it must be done by the California court

4. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

2

Answered . Both states have to agree to the transfer of probation, and that has to be done before you move.