How do I track my Asylum clock in the affirmative process?

Asked about 1 year ago - Detroit, MI

My aplication Form I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal was filed in a USCIS office February 2, 2013 and I received a receipt dated February 4, 2013.
Since then, my interview never conducted because the USCIS has repeatedly delayed the appointment because he did not find an interpreter so far.
I dialed 1-800-898-7180 to check my EAD clock, but each time it tells me that my A number is unknown and I must contact immigration for more information
I remind you that I'm always in the affirmative process.
What to do?
thank you

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . You have nothing to do with the 1-800 number yet. USCIS does not have to provide you an interpreter. It is not their responsibility. ANyway, you can file after 150 days from the receipt date and provided you did not cause any delays. You will get it not sooner than 180 days passed.

3. Russell Reid Abrutyn

Pro

1

Answered . You can contact the asylum office or the USCIS customer service office. The number you called is for noncitizens in removal proceedings.

4. Heather Louise Garvock

Pro

Answered . The 1-800 number you called is only relevant to people who have filed an application for asylum that is pending before an immigration judge.

If you sent the application directly to USCIS but you have not been interviewed, your case is not before an immigration judge; it is with the asylum office. It seems you need to contact the specific asylum office where your application is pending to try to figure out what is going on.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now