How do I track my Asylum clock in the affirmative process?

Asked about 1 year ago - Detroit, MI

My aplication Form I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal was filed in a USCIS office February 2, 2013 and I received a receipt dated February 4, 2013.
Since then, my interview never conducted because the USCIS has repeatedly delayed the appointment because he did not find an interpreter so far.
I dialed 1-800-898-7180 to check my EAD clock, but each time it tells me that my A number is unknown and I must contact immigration for more information
I remind you that I'm always in the affirmative process.
What to do?
thank you

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleague.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You have nothing to do with the 1-800 number yet. USCIS does not have to provide you an interpreter. It is not their responsibility. ANyway, you can file after 150 days from the receipt date and provided you did not cause any delays. You will get it not sooner than 180 days passed.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  3. Russell Reid Abrutyn


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You can contact the asylum office or the USCIS customer service office. The number you called is for noncitizens in removal proceedings.

    The answer above is only general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts... more
  4. Heather Louise Garvock


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . The 1-800 number you called is only relevant to people who have filed an application for asylum that is pending before an immigration judge.

    If you sent the application directly to USCIS but you have not been interviewed, your case is not before an immigration judge; it is with the asylum office. It seems you need to contact the specific asylum office where your application is pending to try to figure out what is going on.

    Heather L. Garvock Attorney Ellis Porter, PLC 2701 Troy Center Dr., 410 Troy, MI 48084 Phone: 248-519-9900... more
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now