How do I terminate rights to my unborn child in Maryland?

Lexington Park, MD |

I have many Psychiatric diagnoses, and have had many outpatient, inpatient, and 1 residential hospitialization. I ended up in foster care, group homes, and independent living. I was forced into non-consensual sex while in Independent Living and am pregnant as the result. I do not think that it would be a good idea for me to raise a child by myself yet, as I have not been out of Residential care for a year even. I don't want to crash and have my rights involuntarily revoked or end up in a coffin, because of my hard time of rationality.

I would suggest that you consider placing the child for adoption. While this can only be done after the birth of the child, your planning process starts quickly. Contact your local probate court for assistance in this matter, or in the alternative, a local adoption agencies such as your local Children Services Board, Catholic Community Charities, or other private adoption agency in your area.
Sometimes, loving a child means you have to take steps to protect that child, even if they are personally unpleasant. When you fill out papers for your adoption. I suggest that you make sure to sign the relevant paperwork so that when your child turns 18, that they can find you. Then the child will know that they were adopted out of love rather than out of the lack thereof. This is a difficult situation for you to be in, and I would suggest that you also get some Counseling in order to deal with it on a personal level. Good luck.

The answers to questions provided in response to the request for assistance are general in nature, and reflect information which is primarily based upon general legal principals, and may additionally reflect Ohio principles of legal practice, as this is the primary location of this Attorney's practice. As with any legal advice, the advise is general in character, and should not be put into practice without specifically consulting your local counsel, who will possess far more insight into the applicable standards and laws of your specific State, your case's specific issues and the local Rules of Court and practices of the specific jurisdiction your legal action is governed by. You are specifically instructed : Do not proceed without first discussing this matter with your own local Attorney. This Office does not provide free legal advice by telephone. A 15 Minute Consultation can be obtained at no cost for certain types of legal cases, but to obtain same, an Office appointment is required. Provision of the answers to general questions does not constitute an act of representation, and the Attorney shall not be deemed to accept employment based upon the responses contained herein. The reader is advised that they utilize the general suggestions contained in the responses at their own risk, and under no circumstances should they disregard the advise of their present local legal counsel based upon any suggestions or opinions contained herein. Also, the bast method to discuss a case with an attorney is to do so directly, by scheduling a formal consultation in their office, bringing with you at the time of the meeting all of your relevant paperwork, including any contratcs, any Orders from Court, decrees, complaints, pleadings, etc., and any other relevant information for the attorney to review. General information via the internet is no substitute for an actual meeting with an attorney. The advice provided on line in response to the limited information is provided without charge. It is also provided without the benefit of face to face discussions, so before you act--consult an attorney in person.

I could never hate my child... I know how it is to feel unloved by biological parents. Even through the cimcumstances, I feel attached to the baby, but I know it is best for (hopefully) stable parents to raise her/him than going through the foster care system and/or the courts. I feel that sometimes loving a child means doing one of the hardest things you sometimes have to- admitting that right now you just aren't capable and you know the welfare of your child depends on how it is raised. I wonder if Legal Aid would be able to help me.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody