How do I tell if the Officer filed my ticket on time?

Asked 4 months ago - Seattle, WA

I received the discovery info on my too fast for conditions ticket. I cannot find the date he filed the ticket.

1. Scott Weymouth Lawrence

Pro

2

Answered . The electronic court docket will have that information.

2. Emily Laz

2

Answered . If your ticket was an e-ticket (the printed kind) it was likely electronically filed as soon as the officer hit print. But checking with the court clerk is the only way to know for sure.

If your ticket is going through Seattle Municipal court you will want to hire an attorney. Seattle Municipal Court is a very difficult court to work with and having an attorney on your side will greatly improve your odds.

3. Shawn B Alexander

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the previous answers and unless there is a lot of other evidence the officer's report is hearsay if he saw the accident. Your attorney can move for dismissal based upon the lack of foundation. The evidence of the front of your car damaged and the pole or the back of another car hit will be important to the court. There are many great traffic lawyers in King County the find a lawyer tab above will help you locate help. Your chances are much better in a contested hearing with a local lawyer.
    Good Luck

4. Alexander Phillip Jensen

1

Answered . You can politely ask the court clerk when the ticket was filed. Also, if your ticket is in a King County District Court or the Seattle Municipal Court, there are computers set up in the courthouse that have information about the tickets.

Actually, if the ticket is in Seattle Municipal Court you should be able to check online. In Seattle Municipal the date is also stamped on the top of the ticket, but it is in a code and the date uses the Julian calendar so it is hard to read.

Feel free to give me a call if you want and I will help you find the date filed free of charge.

Alex Jensen
    (206)724-2436