Skip to main content

How do I take my daughter off as personal representative on my brothers estate? I would like to become the representative now Ty

Hobart, IN |

Im the only family he had besides my kids. He passed away 2 1/2 years ago..I let her be the personal representative at the time. There was no will. Please can you help me.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Best answer

    Sorry to hear that this is not working out well for you. In order to have the PR removed, you would have to petition the court to make the change. I would need a lot more information before I could tell you whether the court is likely to remove the current PR and whether the court would be likely to appoint you the new PR. You should call a probate attorney so that you can get specific advice for your situation. Best of luck.

  2. You can't take her off.
    You can petition the court for her removal
    if you have a valid reason.
    It would be best if you try to work it out with her.

    The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Wills and estates topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics