How do i sue a school district and police department for personal injury

Davenport, IA |

my son has a disability mental and physical due to multiple concussions. he has an iep plan that was not successful due to school refusing tests that would help find accurate education for him. they had me arrested for a misdemeanor truancy charge which goes against their attendance policy which is for kids with good mental and physical condition. he is not truant. they retaliated and sent me to jail with no notice or mediation. they harrassed and bullied and threatened and refused testing to help him-retaliation of me demanding help and reaching out for help to everyone who would son has suffered a set back of further anxiety due to this retaliation and has withdrawn further. the police also reinjured my shoulder injury which is painful every single day. i received medical help

You would retain a personal injury lawyer in your city. There are short notice requirements when you sue a school, so act quickly. You can find plenty of good lawyers in your city on Avvo. Good luck.

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755

You need to contact a local civil rights attorney ASAP. Remember that when suing a governmental entity like a school district and police dept. there are strict timelines and notice requirements so do not delay in contacting an attorney.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

i did file at the civil rights office. thank you so much for your help. I do appreciate all the support and advice. i am now also seeking an attorney to represent me in court on december 27th as well. have several consultations set up in the next two days.

David J. McCormick

David J. McCormick

Good luck in finding an attorney.

You should try to find a lawyer who handles education law. There are state and federal laws that apply to education of people with disabilities.

As the other attys mentioned, speak to a civil rights or PI lawyer about the situation as well. Maybe one of those lawyers can refer you to a local education law atty.

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law