How do i sue a court or what do i do for a civil rights violation like

New York, NY |

not giving me the right to toll the statutes of limitation and i have mental disabilities and am legally disabled?

I am a California attorney and cannot give legal advice in your state. My comments are information only, based on federal law and general legal principles. YOUR STATE MAY HAVE ITS OWN LAWS THAT OFFER SIMILAR OR GREATER PROTECTION. If I mention your state’s laws, it only means I did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant. You MUST check with an attorney licensed in your state to learn your rights.

Courts are required to provide reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities, physical or mental. There isn't enough information in your question to understand if there is a connection between your disability and what the court did. You might contact New York Protection and Advocacy. http://cqc.ny.gov/advocacy/protection-advocacy-programs/pair If they cannot help you, ask for referrals to agencies or attorneys who may be helpful. Attorney Aaron Frishberg in New York City handles cases involving mental disability. You might contact him.

twitter.com/MikaSpencer *** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***

2. Best way is hire a lawyer.

FYI. Being mentally disabled or having other disabilities does not automatically mean you get any special privileges before the law.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

3. Based on the situation you've described, it is very unlikely that you have any claim against the court.

It is always advisable to contact an attorney. For a consultation, please contact my office at 516-669-3295. We are located in West Babylon, NY and proudly offer very low rates and free consultations. <a href="http://www.LouisLSternbergLaw.com">Please visit us on the web.</a>

4. Judges have immunity - you cannot succesfully sue a Judge.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

5. consult an attorney immediately. There are tolling provisions for statutes of limitations, a mental disability may be one such provision. You cannot sue a court, you can only appeal such a ruling.

Constitutional law topics