How do I subpoena a police officer who is witness to a civil matter where he was told that money was owed?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tucson, AZ

A tucson police officer took a report that included in his report that the defendant owed money and had admitted it to him. I need this officer to go to court in re. to what he was told and reported in his report at the time of the incident. How do I subpoena him?

1. Kristen M Curry

1

Answered . Go to the court and fill out a subpoena form. The Clerk of the Court will then stamp it and issue the subpoena. You must then get a process server to serve the subpoena on the officer. You can find a process server in the phone book or online.

2. Paul E Knost

Answered . Make sure that you have the officer properly served by a licensed process server, and make sure that the process server is available to testify that he served the officer, just in case the officer doesn't show up. Also make sure the officer is served at least 10 days before the hearing, and send a copy of the subpoena to the officer's supervisor via certified mail with return receipt. You will also want to put what police report this is in regard to directly into your subpoena. If you do all of that, there is no way that he can claim that he didn't receive your subpoena and miss your hearing. Don't feel too bad for the officer, he will be getting paid overtime for his troubles, courtesy of the taxpayers. Good luck!