Skip to main content

How do I subpeona my case file from an attorney?

Woodstock, GA |
Filed under: Wrongful death

I need to get a copy of my case file from an attorney that sued me for a insurance claim, I need to get both sides of the all papers in the file as they contain hand written notes from the verbal agreement done in 2005 but the attorney has since retired.

Attorney Answers 2


You should try to contact the law firm to see if the information is available. Otherwise you might contact the State Bar of Georgia for assistance. Some of the information may be in the clerk of court's file.

Mark as helpful


You are entitled to your case file. In the event you have a pending lawsuit, you may use the subpoena power of the court to issue a subpoena to your prior attorney for your complete file. You may also contact the State Bar of Georgia for assistance with this matter.

Mark as helpful

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics