Skip to main content

How do I submit a CS modification, IL?

Saint Louis, MO |

I was ordered arrears child support. This has now been paid in full, how can I submit the court order to reduce my payroll deduction, so the extra arrears cease coming out of my checks? Does my ex's lawyer do it or can I do it directly with the clerk's office? FYI, it was paid off early...

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Never rely upon opposing counsel to serve your best interests. If the amount has been satisfied in court you may request he/she file a satisfaction of judgment with the court or in the alternative, hire your own attorney to help.

NOTE: The use of the Internet for communications with the firm or this attorney will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.


I agree with Mr. Miller with respect to your case. Relying on the opposing counsel to serve your needs is almost never beneficial. I would suggest you hire an experience local family law attorney to represent you and protect your rights.
Good luck.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer