How do i stop the collection agentcy of a payday loan form calling me and coming to my job again it is six years later.

Asked over 2 years ago - Philadelphia, PA

I had someone come to my job and ask for me but they only gave there first name and nothing else about themself. i also have been reciving phone calls to. I closed my account 6 years ago because paday loan was taking money out of my account more than once.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Gregory Thomas Artim

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Contact a consumer attorney, whether its our office or another. You can have the attorney send a cease and desist letter. Showing up at a workplace is very unusual, typically only done by rogue collectors.

  2. Jacques H. Geisenberger Jr.

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Where did you obtain the Pay Day Loan, via Internet, in Pennsylvania, or elsewhere? Did you sign any documents to obtain the loan? When was the last payment made by you? All of these questions are important in responding. I do not beleive Pennsylvania licenses Pay Day lenders. Pennsylvania has a usury statue fixing the maximum interest rate which can be charged in PA. Because of this all of these lenders are licensed outside PA, many in the State of Delaware which has no usury laws. There is a legislative push on to license Pay Day loans. suggest you contact your legislators and urge them to vote no on this issue as the alleged "benefits" are to ligitimatize a business which caters to those PA residents who can least afford to lose the protections against these less than savory business enterprises.
    If you found this comment helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this comment. It’s easy and appreciated. This answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational purposes only. More importantly, the information contained in this answer should not be relied on without first consulting with an attorney who practices in the related area in the related jurisdiction.

    Mr. Geisenberger is a Pennsylvania-licensed attorney only. The information is not, nor is it intended to be, legal... more
  3. Lucius James Wallace

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . If your goal is to stop all communication, send them a written letter telling them cease and desist all further communication with you. Send it by certified mail return receipt so you have proof they received it. Keep a copy of the letter for your records.

    You may contact Luke Wallace at Humphreys Wallace Humphreys P.C. at 918-747-5300 or For more... more

Related Topics

Debt collection and debt settlement

If you face debt collection you may choose to fight it and defend against garnishment. You may also seek debt settlement as a way to negotiate with creditors.

Ryan Hardy

Accord and Satisfaction in Arizona

In Arizona, two parties can agree to a lesser amount than what is actually owed. In order for this to occur, there needs to be a clear indicator that a full satisfaction of the debt is... more

Creditor harassment

Creditor harassment is illegal under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. It restricts how creditors can try to collect debt.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,344 answers this week

3,579 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,344 answers this week

3,579 attorneys answering