How do i stop someone from lying about me and taking me to court

Asked over 2 years ago - Lynn, MA

my fathers ex girlfriend has lied and taken him for everything he owned and now she is lying and tring to take me to court what do i do?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Thomas J Callahan

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Need more details as to what she exactly is trying to do and in which court? And what exactly happened to your father. Not enough information to respond.

    To questioners from West Virginia & New York: Although I am licensed to practice in your state, I practice on a... more
  2. Henry Lebensbaum

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Speak to a lawyer.

    henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

    Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex... more
  3. Gary S. Sinclair

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with Attorney Callahan. More information is needed to give a meaningful response. In general, if she is lying about you, you should gather as much evidence and as many witnesses as you can in order to prove that whatever she is saying is untrue. If she's taking you to court for something serious, then you should hire an attorney to defend your rights and your reputation. Good luck!

    Gary S. Sinclair is an attorney licensed to practice in Massachusetts and can be reached at 978-887-1006. All... more

Related Topics

Personal injury and defamation

Defamation is any type of emotional or psychological personal injury that occurs when someone intentionally harms another’s character or reputation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

18,242 answers this week

2,378 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

18,242 answers this week

2,378 attorneys answering