How do I stop personal harassment? Phone calls and threats mainly.

Asked 3 months ago - Orlando, FL

My mother has a drinking problem and after my stepfather died she is seeking to recover any money she can due to being left financially unprotected. She has decided to harass my husband and I for every past gift and financial transaction claiming we "stole" her money. She calls with threats of getting lawyers for situations but nothing ever materializes (we did nothing wrong) but now she is threatening to write letters to our jobs saying we are thieves and hoping we get fired (her words) is there anything we can do to stop this? We just want to be left alone. We haven't had any contact with her since she moved out of our house May 2011. I believe she only makes these calls intoxicated, but it's still unnerving knowing she wishes us such harm.

1. Christopher Robert Dillingham II

1

Best Answer

Answered . Call the police and make a harassing communications complaint or hire a lawyer to send a cease and desist letter.

2. Shaye Larkin

1

Answered . You can send her a cease and desist letter by certified mail and if that doesn't work you can go to court and request a restraining order against her.