Skip to main content

How do I stop my kids father to stop sending DCF to my house on unfounded issues?

Gainesville, FL |

He lives in Jacksonville, FL. and he is constantly calling DCF and making allegations and they are unfounded but the fact remains that he continues to call them and they have been out about 8 or 9 times. There is no time sharing in place and I trepassed him from my home. We are not married.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. If there are 8 or 9 unfounded allegations, you may want to ask DCF to consider prosecuting him for false allegations. They are the only ones who can do that.

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

  2. Is he coming to your home on a regular basis? If he is threatening you, you may have grounds for a restraining order.

    Lawrence J. Marraffino
    Gainesville Family Law Attorney

    This answer cannot be a substitute for legal advice which requires more information from the client than can be obtained in this forum. Therefore this answer CANNOT BE RELIED UPON AS LEGAL ADVICE FROM THIS ATTORNEY.

  3. My opinion is that you should sue him for malicious prosecution.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics