Skip to main content

How do I stop child support deductions prior to the Attorney Generals office terminating the order?

Houston, TX |

The custodial parent has died. I am the non-custodial parent. I have spoken with the AG to terminate the child support order but the company that processes our payroll needs a legal document to stop the deductions. Do I have a way to get that document to stop the deductions until the AG completes the investigation so I am not paying support to a bank account of a dead person?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Pull certified copy of death certificate, file motion to terminate wage withholding, set for hearing and get judge to sign order. After order signed pull certified copy and give to employer. I can file this Monday and I am open this Saturday.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics