Skip to main content

How do I stop a police officer from investigating me without probable cause?

Baltimore, MD |
Filed under: Civil rights

Police officer is current boyfriend of my boyfriend's ex wife. They reside in a differcounty than I do. An hour and a half away. I do not even know them personally. She continues to threaten me with him. I have no criminal background, not even traffic violations. I consider this a violation of my civil rights and harassment. Ex wife has text me calling me horrible names and stated that she prays God takes my unborn child, if not she will see that that the child goes into foster care. She has absolutely no reason to do this and i want it to stop. Please help me with my rights by law.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. First and foremost, you should be documenting everything she does. You should have a diary with sewn pages, not a ringed binder, in which you briefly note what she does, the date, and the time. You should be printing and saving all of her text messages, and emails and anything else which she sends you that can be documented. You should consult with an attorney as soon as possible to get the legal advice and guidance you need to make sure you act with wisdom and EFFECTIVENESS. Do not warn the other woman or her boyfriend police officer that you are putting together the evidence. Let the evidence come out when you file a Complaint for a Peace Order. But first: consult with an attorney. Do not make the mistake of warning the other side what is coming because you have to make sure you do this absolutely correctly. A Peace Order can cause the other woman a lot of difficulties in her life. Please do not act out of emotion after you read what I am saying because after you consult with an attorney you will know exactly what you must do to protect yourself and your boyfriend from further harm and damage. Stalking is a very serious crime, and this woman is committing the crime of stalking, if everything you have said above is true.

    Office: (410) 381-1656. This is NOT legal advice, is GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, and does NOT establish an Attorney/Client Relationship with you. Therefore my answer cannot address your specific legal situation and you should not rely upon my answer in your legal matter. I am an attorney licensed in Maryland and California. Office: (410) 381-1656. David Mahood, Esq.

  2. This woman is harassing you. Do not engage her. Consult an attorney because her threats -- and written proof of them -- likely provides good cause for a peace order.

    DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided for informational purposes only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice relating to your specific situation, I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney in your area. NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME ARE TO BE CONSTRUED AS ARISING FROM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WILL BE ESTABLISHED WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION, WHICH INCLUDES THE EXECUTION OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF RETAINER.

Civil rights topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics