How do I stop a police officer from investigating me without probable cause?

Baltimore, MD |
Filed under: Civil rights

Police officer is current boyfriend of my boyfriend's ex wife. They reside in a differcounty than I do. An hour and a half away. I do not even know them personally. She continues to threaten me with him. I have no criminal background, not even traffic violations. I consider this a violation of my civil rights and harassment. Ex wife has text me calling me horrible names and stated that she prays God takes my unborn child, if not she will see that that the child goes into foster care. She has absolutely no reason to do this and i want it to stop. Please help me with my rights by law.

First and foremost, you should be documenting everything she does. You should have a diary with sewn pages, not a ringed binder, in which you briefly note what she does, the date, and the time. You should be printing and saving all of her text messages, and emails and anything else which she sends you that can be documented. You should consult with an attorney as soon as possible to get the legal advice and guidance you need to make sure you act with wisdom and EFFECTIVENESS. Do not warn the other woman or her boyfriend police officer that you are putting together the evidence. Let the evidence come out when you file a Complaint for a Peace Order. But first: consult with an attorney. Do not make the mistake of warning the other side what is coming because you have to make sure you do this absolutely correctly. A Peace Order can cause the other woman a lot of difficulties in her life. Please do not act out of emotion after you read what I am saying because after you consult with an attorney you will know exactly what you must do to protect yourself and your boyfriend from further harm and damage. Stalking is a very serious crime, and this woman is committing the crime of stalking, if everything you have said above is true.

Office: (410) 381-1656. This is NOT legal advice, is GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, and does NOT establish an Attorney/Client Relationship with you. Therefore my answer cannot address your specific legal situation and you should not rely upon my answer in your legal matter. I am an attorney licensed in Maryland and California. Office: (410) 381-1656. David Mahood, Esq.

David Raymond Mahood

David Raymond Mahood

I have represented clients who were the victims of stalking, and I can tell you from my experience that the stalker will not leave you alone if you play nice, and if you do nothing to protect yourself. In fact, the longer you permit this to continue without putting up a fight, the more confidence the stalker gains, and the more probable that the stalking will escalate to a physical attack of some sort. So act with decisiveness, and do not tolerate this anymore without doing what you must do.

This is considered stalking even if I have never met either her ex wife or the police officer? In addition, she says that she has friends in high places to ensure our unborn child gets taken away. What could be the consequences for the police officer for pulling me up in the system in his district? Thank you for your advice.

David Raymond Mahood

David Raymond Mahood

If you can prove the police officer has been stalking you also, then he could lose his job. It is that serious. As I repeatedly stated above, before you do anything, consult with an attorney. Do this the right way, and you will have the protection you deserve. Do this the wrong way, and you will destroy your ability to have the necessary evidence to prove what you must prove. I have confidence in you. Go out and protect yourself and your unborn child.

This woman is harassing you. Do not engage her. Consult an attorney because her threats -- and written proof of them -- likely provides good cause for a peace order.

DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided for informational purposes only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice relating to your specific situation, I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney in your area. NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME ARE TO BE CONSTRUED AS ARISING FROM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WILL BE ESTABLISHED WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION, WHICH INCLUDES THE EXECUTION OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF RETAINER.

Civil rights topics