How Do I Stop a Fulfilled Wage Deduction Order?

Frankfort, IL |

I have a deduction order placed on me by a former roommate, pro-se. The judgement amount plus a significant additional amount (~ 30%) has already been deducted from my payroll. My employer/the Respondent has not received balance updates nor communication that the order has been satisfied from the Plaintiff (judgement was on 8/20/12, it is now 4/8/13). What is the best way to stop this order? Contact the Plaintiff? File a complaint or motion? Thanks in advance.

If contacting the plaintiff doesn't work, you might need to file a motion asking the court for relief.

The above response is not intended to create, nor does it create either an attorney-client relationship or an ongoing duty to respond to questions. It is intended to be solely the educated opinion of the author and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Some responses may be advertising material. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the inquiring person and additional or differing facts might change the response. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the state of Illinois. Responses are answers to general legal questions and the inquiring party should consult a local attorney for specific answers and advice. Answering this question does not create a duty to keep information confidential, nor does it prevent me from representing an adverse party. Advertising Materials.

Thank you Tara. I contacted the plaintiff via CMRRR asking 1) to inform my employer that the order is satisfied and 2) to return any overpayment. He has notified my employer, and the deductions have stopped. What is the best way to go about recouping the overpayment? A CMRRR requesting the exact amount under threat of legal action, then taking it to the courts? Or is there another way to resolve it?