How Do I Stop a Fulfilled Wage Deduction Order?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Frankfort, IL

I have a deduction order placed on me by a former roommate, pro-se. The judgement amount plus a significant additional amount (~ 30%) has already been deducted from my payroll. My employer/the Respondent has not received balance updates nor communication that the order has been satisfied from the Plaintiff (judgement was on 8/20/12, it is now 4/8/13). What is the best way to stop this order? Contact the Plaintiff? File a complaint or motion? Thanks in advance.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Tara Leigh Goodwin

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . If contacting the plaintiff doesn't work, you might need to file a motion asking the court for relief.

    The above response is not intended to create, nor does it create either an attorney-client relationship or an... more

Related Topics

Employee wages

Employee wages are set by the employer but must meet the federal or state minimum wage. Employers must withhold, report, and pay employment taxes.

Employee wages and payroll deductions

Payroll deductions are optional deductions from a paycheck for expenses facilitated by the employer, like health insurance, transit passes, or gym memberships.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,130 answers this week

3,571 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,130 answers this week

3,571 attorneys answering