How do I start to get custody of my son if the mother recently was arrested for drug charges.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

She has full custody at the moment. With the recent arrest, I feel it is better that my son live with me. She has moved 3 times since August and my son is not getting the pproper education, support he needs.

1. William Tyler Moore Jr

Pro

5

Answered . Get a lawyer. File a petition to modify. Ask for emergency orders, i.e. attachment of the child, then temporary orders. You'll never get it done without a lawyer.

2. Mark Anthony Cohan

Pro

4

Answered . I agree with Attorney Moore. You need to get a petition for modification in ASAP before she moves again or your child is in further danger. Talk to a local attorney about filing a modification, getting attachment, and putting in motions for a drug test and some new temporary orders.

3. Shari Goldsberry

Pro

2

Answered . This is really not a Do-it-yourself case. You really need an attorney who can represent you on this one. Good Luck!

4. Christopher Jay Harding

1

Answered . You should file to modify custody. Always use a lawyer when a child is at risk, like here.