How do I squash a warrant for a probation violation and an fta in wa state?

Asked over 1 year ago - Kent, WA

I was on Probation and missed a random u.a., they scheduled a court date, issued a warrant, but I ended up leaving state and missed my court date. Now I'm back and just got a call the other day saying I have a state wide warrant out for my arrest. Idk how to get rid of it with out doing time or having to be put back on probation so I can keep working and not worry about the police showing up at my house or work or school to arrest me.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Vitaliy Kertchen

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It would be highly unlikely for the police to seek you out. Rather, next time you're pulled over or have any contact with law enforcement, you will be arrested and jailed. There is no way out of this without going back on probation, but you might be able to avoid any jail time. You'll need to hire an attorney or make sure you have a public defender. By the way, your probation is extended by the amount of time that you have a bench warrant out for your arrest, so you're not helping yourself by doing nothing.

  2. John Groseclose


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Go to the courthouse of the place that you were suppose to be when you missed the court hearing. Go to the clerk and ask to schedule a warrant quash. There is a risk that you could be arrested, however, not likely. They will give you a date in a week or so to show up and appear in front of the judge to quash the warrant and get the case back on track. If you had an attorney at the time, make contact with that firm and let them know about the date of the warrant quash hearing. Ask them for any specific advice or concerns your case might have. You need to schedule the hearing asap. You are continually at risk of arrest until you deal with the issues.

  3. Aaron Lukoff

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Hire a lawyer to quash the warrant for you.

    Aaron M. Lukoff
    Attorney at Law
    Criminal & Civil Traffic Defense
    Law Offices of Aaron M. Lukoff & Associates, PLLC
    Fiat justicia ruat coelum

    ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response to your question is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on Washington law as I am licensed in Washington. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue/matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific legal advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain an attorney. For more information or to hire a lawyer, you can reach my offices at:; 360-647-5251 or at

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,895 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,895 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering