How do I set up my asset protection structure from home? What is the first step? How do I know I am doing it right?

Compton, CA |

I received home training and asset protection consultation to re-structure how my assets are structured and protected. I now need to create LLC's, create land trusts, assign nominees, re-file how our current assets are set-up, etc... How do I know I am doing right?

With all due respect, the only way you know if it is done right, is to have a professional do it. There is no way anyone can tell you if you are doing it right without being involved in the process and seeing what is being done. If you have enough assets to protect, you have enough money to have an attorney do it right.

I will add that it is either pay now or pay later. If you don't hire a professional your beneficiaries may spend a lot more money later than what you will spend now.

This is for general information only. Nothing in this information should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship nor shall any of this information be construed as providing legal advice. Laws change over time and differ from state to state. These answers are based on California Law.Applicability of the legal principles discussed may differ substantially in individual situations. You should not act upon the information presented herein without consulting an attorney about your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship is established.

How do you know what you were taught during your home training is correct? Since asset protection is designed to protect you at the expense of creditors, you will have to expect that anything you do in terms of asset protection will be scrutinized. If doing it right is important to you, I would highly recommend that you don't rely on what you learned in any home training type system.

This is a public forum and communications are neither private, confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. My answers to your questions posted in this forum do not make me your attorney or create an attorney-client relationship. The response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. There is no law without facts.

Wills and estates topics