Skip to main content

How do I set aside a restraining order+?

Sierraville, CA |

I filed all the appropriate responsive paper work , turned in my gun and asked to appear by telephone . I received no call and reviewed the minutes and the OR was granted against me . I would like to set it aside and ask for a new hearing . This is in Almeda County . Can you assist me ?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Did you call the court, sometimes the burden is on you to call the court and they will put you on hold until they call your matter. You might have to ask for reconsideration asap and that requires a written motion and explanation that you did not understand court procedure.

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics