Skip to main content

How do I serve divorce papers to someone in jail in arizona?

San Jacinto, CA |
Filed under: Divorce

who were married in california? I keep getting the run around when i call the prison.

Attorney Answers 2


Have a registered Arizona process server or Sheriff serve the papers. They will know how to serve your spouse in prison.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

Mark as helpful


I agree with Mr. Fink. There are many professional process servers who can do the work for you. Find an attorney service there in AZ and they should be able to help you. Alternatively, you can contact an attorney service near you and they will likely have contacts in AZ who can perform the service for you. We do this kind of stuff all the time. Good luck!

The information in this response is for general information purposes only and is not to be construed as legal advice or as creating an attorney-client relatinship.

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics